Friday, June 24, 2005

Untitled

I went to several of my favorite sites and they each had some form of poetry posted so I figured, what the hell. Might as well display some more of my girlie side. I wrote this piece, largely cause I have been here before. Shid, who am I kidding, not only have I been here, I came in took off my shoes and stayed so long I had a spare toothbrush. Hell, I even ran into a few of my girlfriends there. Don't know why we women keep ending up in this place. Anyway, here goes...
My Friend with Benefits.
Beneficial Friend.
Never really been fit
To be friends
So from our relationship
I never benefited

See, you were just to be my
Cut Buddy.
Fuck Buddy.
Could touch my body,
But never my heart
Buddy

But shid, I slipped up
Fucked up and
Got caught up
Knowing we were just 'posed to hook up

And do
What grown folks do
When grown folks do
What grown folks do

But now I got this
Consistent, insistent, persistent
Yearning for you

Tryna decipher
If you’re my heart's desire
Or is it just that you set the pussy on fire?

3 comments:

Bullet Proof Diva said...

ok, loved that! and crackin up at what you said before the poem!!

Keep writing Suga Mama!

Anonymous said...

Loved it!!

BI

Anonymous said...

Loved that. And haven't we all been there!

You know what really gets me though, is the way men react when you are the one who decides to break off the friends-with -enefits thing. Then all of a sudden they're all up in your face, telling you how much they miss you... Everytime.