Friday, February 11, 2005

Fairytale

I have never really been big on Valentine's Day (That might be because I have only had one in my whole life) But in the spirit of the day, I decided to provide the first glimpse into my girlie side. So here is a piece.

Fairytale

He touched me without using his hands
Made love to me with only his eyes and
Kissed me with his words
He looked deep, saw the inner me and marveled at her beauty

He understood that my over confidence
Supplicates my fragility and
My aloofness serves as a panacea for pain
Daily he made love to my mind
With the same intensity used nightly on my body
When things got tough, he loved me harder
Making loving him that much easier
He complicated my life
Yet it all made sense

He changed the path
Held out his hand
And I followed blindly
He safe guarded me with his arms
Protected me with his eyes
Eased me with his words

He caused me to shake my head
Cause he was typically
Untypical of the
Typical man

He loved me in a different way
For different reasons
Yet in everyway
For every reason
And would show it in anyway
For any reason

He was my favorite love song at 2 in the morning
My surprise sweet sixteen
He was a perfect Saturday afternoon
Complete with cool breeze and cold lemonade

Y’all, this man was my recipicol
All I was
And all I ever wanted to be
He was complete
With infinite possibilities for growth

He made me look at
Yesterday with nostalgia
Today with purpose
Tomorrow with anticipation

He bought to life the giddy daydreams
Of a young school girl
And embodied the sensual, sexual fantasies
Of a grown woman

His absence made time stand still
And caused nothing to even matter
His presence sent time flying
And gave everything some sort of purpose

He kept me grounded
While taking me to cloud nine
He gave me hope and renewed my faith that love was indeed real
Y’all the man was everything,
Everything,
He was my fairytale.


2 comments:

Tazzee said...

I love this piece! You need to get this published.

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness....that was so wonderful and beautiful and real and soothing and loving and emotional and just wonderful...keep writing keep writing keep writing!!