Friday, September 02, 2005

Katrina.

This country is now experiencing what is probably the worst disaster in its history. I have been watching the coverage so much that I had to force myself to monitor my intake. It was starting to effect my spirit. I have never in my life felt this much compassion for anyone. My heart literally breaks everytime I hear someone's story. I dont know how many times in the past 5 days I have been listening to the radio or watching T.V. only to realize that I am openly weeping. Something I am not very big on. I am crying for people who I have never laid eyes on, yet somehow have a piece of my soul with them. New Orleans has caused a slew of emotions to flow through me. Everything from helplessness to sorrow to sadness to anxiety to guilt.
So I do what I do when ever I just dont understand life. I pray and give thanks.

1 comments:

SexyCool said...

prayer will fix it everytime...